Figs in the morning routine came into my life around a year ago. I always have figs at home, dry or fresh. When its not a season for fresh, I am consuming dry, and I love that fruit.
I recommend to have figs in the morning after you have your two glasses of water (its important to drink water in the morning). Surprisingly, not many people know about many benefits of the figs in the morning. Actually, do we really know at all figs benefits? Or we just know that its exotic sweet fruit?! To create an image about that nectar fruit, some benefits are right away:
- Nutrients. Figs are a rich source of several essential nutrients including Vitamin B6, potassium, magnesia, calcium, and more. If you include figs in the morning that will help revitalize the body with these nutrients.
- No to constipation!!! Figs, fresh or dried are a rich source of fibers and probiotic substrate. While dietary fibers help enhance intestinal motility and cure constipation in the short term, the probiotic substrate enrich the flora in the large intestine, which helps promote the villi health and improves the peristaltic movements.
- Lower cholesterol. Figs contain Pectin, which is a soluble fiber. When fiber moves through the digestive system, it basically mops up excess clumps of cholesterol and carries them to the excretory system to be eliminated from the body. As a soluble fiber, pectin from figs also stimulates healthy bowel movements. Figs can have a laxative effect, as they are one of the most fiber-dense foods available. High amounts of fiber in your diet can benefit your overall health by preventing certain types of abdominal cancer, as well as colon cancer.
- Weight loss. The fiber in figs also helps to reduce weight and is often recommended for obese people. However, their high calorie count can also result in weight gain, especially when consumed with milk. A few figs are enough to get the recommended amount of nutrients, so don’t overdo it!
- Prevention of coronary heart disease: Dried figs contain phenol, Omega-3 and Omega-6. These fatty acids reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Furthermore, the leaves of figs have a significant effect on the level of triglycerides in a person’s system. Fig leaves have an inhibitory effect on triglycerides, and makes the overall number of triglycerides drop. Triglycerides are another major factor behind various heart diseases.
- Protection against post-menopausal breast cancer. Fiber content in figs have been known to protect against breast cancer, and after menopause, the hormonal balance in women can often fluctuate. The body’s systems are so interconnected that hormones affect the immune system, which is turn affect the ability of antioxidants to fight free radicals. Free radicals are prime factors behind the development of cancer, so figs take care of one extra line of defense by providing its wealth of fiber.
They are many more benefits on figs, so we can go on and on. The most important its really good for your health!!!
How to take it?! In the morning, after you woke up and did all your washing, brushing routine, have your water and 2 dried figs (please wash them before you will eat them) or have 1-2 fresh figs. Figs are a rich source of natural simple sugars including glucose, fructose. These sugars help stabilize the blood sugar levels and provide instant energy to the body. This helps improve brain activity, promotes better cognition, and improves concentration. So, you will have enough energy to start your day, and yes dont forget to have your breakfast after))) You will also notice, that you will not eat so much)))
Precaution: It is possible to have too much of a good thing, and eating too many figs can cause diarrhea. Furthermore, dried figs are high in sugar and can potentially cause tooth decay. And. make sure you are not allergic to it))
Be the change))) Love and Light!