Some sharing from my own experience of Yoga, the way its change my life. What is Yoga for me, and why did I choose the path of Yoga? This topic came into my head after one of the classes at the Yoga Institute, when students asked question: How did yoga change your life?!
I was trying to find a balance, a peace in my life, with everything that was in my life. Work, kid, education, relationships, bad decisions from good intentions))) Most of us were there. One day at the doctors office, after severe Vertigo case, and I was in my 30s))) Doctor said that I need to leave my job (hands up there: I was handling so many duties in the company, the right hand of the CEO, good payment, a lot of responsibilities) or I will have a heart attack))) in 30s it sound not funny, actually, it never sound funny!
So, I decide to change my way of life, not immediately, I like to be prepared. What are the best way to find peace?! Yoga, meditation, chanting….So, I start to look for yoga teacher course))) I didnt want to go to regular yoga classes, I wanted to become a teacher! My mind was working in a business perspective, if I want peace, find it in your new job))) I was not thinking at that moment, that I know nothing about yoga, didnt practice it, honestly, was thinking that yoga its just asanas)))
At home I started to do yoga online, that was not smart from me at all! but I didnt want to go to the yoga teacher training to be totally unprepared. My physical level was very low! I apply to one yoga teacher course and they said ok!!! Lately, I realize that all those teachers training are money makers and they dont care about the individual. You pay money, they teach you, or you mostly learn on your own (yes, some schools do that))) and after you are ready or not, you are having your certificate. Poor people who comes to those teacher to learn yoga. Believe me, I was one of them. I started to teach!!!!! After many years, I understand, how wrongly it was!!! Not knowing basic things, saying with the confidence all the wrong things in the class, gosh, I could easily injure so many people(((
I left my good paying job, my mother was in shock))) you have a family, a child, how you will live?! Yoga doesnt bring good money)) Somewhere , she was right. However, I was happy, I was in peace, I was learning new things for me, I didnt care about money part. Slowly, everything stabilize and I start to make enough money to lead a good life.
I will say, I am happy that Yoga found me, not me, but Yoga! It appears at the moment when I needed it at most. I tried pilates before Yoga enters my life, but it was not a time for me. The changes that appear, came not in one day))) and I change more, and I am grateful for that.
- I dont have Vertigo anymore (and I had severe case, 3 days lying in the dark room, no people, no tv, no reading, no sound, walking to the bathroom on your four, because you cant stand on your two))
- I am in peace, I found it inside me
- I became more creative, having time for my hobbies))) hobbies can bring you Mindfulness!!
- I have an amazing stable relationship, happy one
- I spent time with my child more! not now, but when I left my stressful job (just to understand how stressful it was: after I quit, the company got 5 people on my place, because one person couldnt do it!)
- I have more positive thoughts even when life throwing lemons at me
- I removed toxic people out of my life, almost all of them
- I learned, that happiness is inside us, and not in people around us, or in things around us
- I am the learner, Yoga is a science, ancient one, I learn from my students, from my teachers, from my guru!
- I learn more and more about my body, me breath and its spectacular!
- I become more flexible not just in the body, but in mind as well
- I start to eat more healthy, cook more healthy dishes
- Yoga helped me accept myself, my grey hair))) I shave my head, and now I have healthy shiny grey hair, and I love it!!! NO chemical poison every two weeks))
- I am glowing))) people saying that
I could write more and more points, however, I think I made my point, how Yoga can change the life of someone. Yoga is my passion, it teaches me to listen to my body, to feel, to observe, to be))) And I love to teach Yoga, to show the miracles that Yoga can bring in someones life…
Love and Light! Be the change!